Values & Ethos
Thurstonland First School recognises that each child is an individual; that all children are creative; that all children need to succeed. Therefore we respect the individual needs of children; foster a caring and creative environment; and emphasise the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of each child.
We ensure children, staff, parents and governors work together to actively promote and develop our shared ethos of high quality learning in a happy, safe and caring environment.
- To work together as a team
- To provide a creative and balanced curriculum
- To promote independence, curiosity and enthusiasm
- To recognise the individuality of each child
- To stimulate learning through high quality teaching and challenging experiences
- That all our children will leave school with high standards in all areas of learning
- That they will have an enquiring mind and a desire for knowledge
- They will have strong self-esteem and high personal expectations
- That they will show tolerance and respect for others