Visits to school are welcomed and appointments can be made by telephoning the school office on 01484 222818.
In line with Kirklees admissions policy, the governors have agreed to admit children to Thurstonland First School in the following manner and the criteria for all admissions to all key stages are:
- Children in public care (Looked After Children)
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs, which names the school
- Children living in the school's priority admission area who have an older brother or sister attending from the same address at the time of admission
- Other children living in the school's priority admission area
- Children who live outside the priority area who have an older brother or sister attending from the same address at the time of admission
- Children who live outside the priority area.
- We will admit pupils up to our published admission number (PAN) of 12.
- However, there is no longer a guaranteed place for any child in any of the above priorities.
How to apply
Applications for admission to the Reception year group in Kirklees schools should be made online via the Kirklees website.
Other year groups
Applications for other year groups are called "In Year" admissions and again an application must be made to Kirklees Council. Please read the current Kirklees policy on In Year admissions - this document also contains an application form.
It is advisable to contact school in the first instance to enquire whether places are available in the relevant year group/class.